Thursday, September 28, 2017

Dress Code Part 3 - "In my office"

Check the Series Page for more chapters

"Can I see you in my office, right now, Madison?" Cynthia said through the phone's receiver.

"Uhhh sure," Kelvin closed the tab open to his online store. Sales have been up all week. "Be right there."

Kelvin walked into his boss' office. "Have a seat," Cynthia said. Kelvin obeyed.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" He asked.

"Madison," she said, "are you feeling alright?"

"Of course, better than ever actually," he paused. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know how to say this," she took a deep breath and placed her hands in her lap. "But over the past few months you've been acting a bit... different. It's like your stumbling around in your job, like everything you knew just disappeared."

"Is this about the dress code violation?" Kelvin asked. "Because I listened to you, I haven't worn a shirt showing my cleavage at all in the past few weeks. I honestly thought that would help with sales..."

"No, this is not about your sudden defiance to the company dress code. Although that certainly was the first of many straws. No, this is about your sudden drop in sales. We hired you on because of your amazing performance in your last job, your results were way more than we could ever hope for. But for the last few months your performance has been dropping... substantially. I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go."

Kelvin said nothing. He wasn't surprised, in fact he was actually grateful. Honestly Kelvin hated car sales, he hated car salesmen in his old life and he felt so dirty being a saleswoman now. Plus this news was breaking just ahead of his schedule.

"I'm sorry," Cynthia said.

"No need to apologize," Kelvin responded. "I actually was going to give you my two weeks next week."

"Oh really, why's that?" Cynthia's voice had a twinge of curiosity in it.

"I've been running my own company on the side, and it's just now taking off!"

"What have you been doing on the side?"

"I invented, a 100% strapless bra! I call it the Zero-G. It's phenomenal, and the sales have really taken off! I actually just incorporated the company last month."

"Oh really, that's good for you," Cynthia didn't seem to believe what she was hearing. "What's the name of your new company?"

"Breasts Friends Forever," Kelvin laughed. "I know the name's a little on the nose, but I couldn't help it. Don't worry, I shortened it to BFF for marketing purposes. Here, let me show you the bra I'm even wearing one myself!" He began pulling up his shirt.

"Out!" Cynthia pointed towards the door. "I've had enough of your antics."

"Fine," Kelvin said putting his shit down, "your loss."

No comments:

Post a Comment