Monday, October 16, 2017

Whoa... Part 8


Kevin sat in the back of the car with his hands crossed across his chest. He couldn't believe what Bello was making him do after he opened up to him. Frankly he was both pissed and embarrassed.

"Misses Lee is a terrific tutor," Bello said from the front seat. "You two will get along perfectly. Aubrey?" Bello twisted his head towards Kevin. "Kevin!" Bello raised his voice.

Kevin glanced at his boss and then back to the window. Ever since Kevin revealed his secret to Bello, Bello had been treating him like a child again, and today wasn't helping.

"Kevin, do you have something to say?"

"This is dumb," Kevin finally said. "Why do I need to go to a tutor? I'm twenty-four years old."

"Your body is twenty-four years old," Bello corrected him. "You are sixteen, and you need a proper education. Everybody in my company has to have at least a high school education or above to work here, if you want to keep working here you have to finish your high school."

"Yeah but Aubrey finished high school, and an associates. I am technically a college graduate."

"But you are not Aubrey, Kevin, you just have her life."

"I thought you trusted me Mr. Bello, because I trusted you. We had a moment last Saturday..."

"I do trust you Kevin, if I didn't I would have fired you on the spot when you opened up to me. You make a wonderful woman and I don't want to rob you of your life, but I am also your boss and because of that I have a business to run, and my business has certain standards we have to meet." Bello pulled overt to the curb and stopped the car. "I've sent plenty of my Beauties."

"That aren't you," Kevin interrupted.

"Yes plenty of my Beauties that aren't me to Misses Lee for tutoring. She teaches accelerated courses, so you can get your high school diploma by December this year, consider this a favor instead of sending you back to two more years of schooling. We're here," Bello stepped out of the driver's seat and made his way around the trunk to Kevin's side. He opened the door. "Let's not be late, Misses Lee is a great teacher but she's a pain in the ass if you're late."

"Humph," Kevin pouted getting out of the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment