Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Market Part 1


"James Heinrich?" James heard a woman's voice behind him. He turned around and his jaw dropped.

"My god," James said. "She's even more beautiful than I thought."

"We're honest business men," she said, "the last thing we want is to disappoint our customers. Now follow me so we can close this deal."

James followed the woman to a more secluded section of the market. She sat down and retrieved a stack of papers and a clipboard from her bag.

"You at Tramma-, Tramo..."

"Tramoggia Corpo," she correct him.

 That's right. You guys at Tramoggia Corpo really love your paperwork," James said.

"The best ran companies need a well written contracts and a good record system," she handed the clipboard to James. "Now I'm sure you were briefed online about this, but in gist I need you to sign and initial where asked. If short we need you to officially sign off that you are taking full ownership of this body and life, and that we will not be held liable for any issues that happen to you after this transaction. Also, as soon as the transaction is finished we will have full ownership of your body and all the assets that come with it. Do you understand?"

"Is all of this really necessary, it's not like this is particularly... legal," he whispered legal under his breath.

"All great companies have things in common, we like to think of ourselves as existing outside of the normal market."

James flipped through the paperwork, signing and initialing where needed. Once he got to the final page he sighed and look up.

"Having second thoughts?" She asked.

James sighed. "You know, I spent nearly fifty years of my life wishing I had a body like that. I never felt right in this body, but I spent 48 years of this life as a male. I can't believe it's going to change at the signing of my signature."

"Does your family approve of your purchase?"

"No family," James said. "Twice divorced, no kids, my parents even passed away last year. It's just me now."

The woman gave James a moment to reflect. This wasn't uncommon for people who bought a new body and life, so she gave him a second.

"But holy shit, after seeing the body in person I cannot wait," James signed the final line in the contract.

Instantly upon signing he saw his old middle aged body beside him. "Holy fuck!" He let out a high pitch sequel. "It worked!"

1 comment: