Friday, October 13, 2017

The Heiress Part 5

Check the Series Page for more chapters

"My my, if it isn't the most beautiful woman in Seattle, Miss Jacobi," the middle aged man said.

"Don't tell your wife you told me that," Aaron blushed. "I'm pleased to see you again Henry."

"The pleasure's mine," he said. "I take it you had a great sabbatical?"

"A much needed one," Aaron said. "How's the office been since I left?"

"We're running as smooth as ever, you coulda taken another three months and everything would be still a-okay. Although you certainly are a beacon of beauty during the board meetings, you can only look at so many old white men before they all look the same."

"Good morning Miss Jacobi," another man said passing the two.

"Morning Paul," Aaron said. "I reckoned it was time I got back to work, I was beginning to get restless on my vacation."

"Like father like daughter," Henry said. Aaron rolled his eyes to the comment. The was one of the down sides of taking over Zoe's life, he would always been measured up to his former business rival's success. "Should we get going to the meeting?"

"Yes," Aaron took a sip of his coffee, "let's get back to business."

No comments:

Post a Comment