Sunday, October 15, 2017

Dress Code Part 8 - The Meeting

Check the Series Page for more chapters

"...And that is how the Zero-G will revolutionize the bra industry," Kelvin finished his pitch on the usual line. It had become second nature to run through his pitch, except this time was different. he was sitting across from one of the most influential women in the market. He had stumbled across his words multiple times during the pitch because she gave off such a powerful air.

"Your product sounds... interesting," Zoe Jacobi said. "I understand you sentiment with bras, the bands can be very pestering at times, but I make due with it."

"Oh thank god you understand," Kelvin said.

"Of course I would," Zoe said, "I am a woman after all."

"You don't understand how many men I've pitched this too, I thought they would understand. But then again...." I wouldn't have if I was still a man, Kelvin wanted to say.

"Then again what?"

"Nothing."

"Are you wearing one of these Zero-G bras right now?" Zoe asked.

"Yes," Kelvin said, "they're all I wear now, unless I'm running, I'm still working on a sports bra replacement."

"Can I see?"

"You want me to take off my shirt?"

"That's what I asked, yes," she kicked her legs back on her desk. "Go on, take it off."

Kelvin unbuttoned his top and removed his shirt and jacket. He stood there wearing the strapless bra, he felt very cold. This was the first time anybody asked to see the product on him.

"Hmm," Zoe placed her index finger on her chin. "It's nice. Now spin around for me."

Kelvin did as she asked. "You are a very beautiful woman," Zoe said.

"Thanks, but I'm not here to land a date," Kelvin said.

"I'll consider it," Zoe said. "Do you have a pair I can keep?"

"Yes, what size are you?"

"32D," she said.

"Actually I don't need the number," Kelvin produced a Zero-G bra from his bag. "That's a huge advantage from the manufacturing side of this product, no band no number, so you don't need to make so many different kinds."

"Smart," she said. "You can put your shirt back on now if you'd like."

Kelvin retrieved his shirt from the back of his chair and began buttoning it.

"I'll have my people get with you once I review your product," Zoe said inspecting the strapless bra in her hands. "Have a good day Miss Ellis."

"You too Miss Jacobi," Kelvin picked up his bag and extended his arm. She took and it and lazily shook it. "I guarantee you'll be sold the moment you put it on."

No comments:

Post a Comment