Saturday, October 14, 2017

Washed Up

"Please take me back Steven, I can't live like this anymore," Max pleaded to the man at the door frame.

"We were never dating, get out of here Max!" He guested with his index finger to max.

"Yes we were," Max said.

"Do you think I'm a fucking idiot?" Steven stared his ex-best friend down. "I was dating Sidney, not you Max."

"Well actually we were, for two months," Max flipped his hair back and stuck out his chest. "Didn't you like it?"

"You fucking lied to me for two months. What sort of 'best friend' takes his sister's body and then dates his best friend pretending to be her? You were my best friend Max, but then you betrayed me," Steven slammed his fist against the frame. "Now get out of here!"

"Please Steven," Max made clasped his hands and began pleading. "I'm so sorry I took her body, I thought I could escape my problems and start new, with you, my closest friend. Ever since Sidney told mom and dad they won't talk to me anymore, you're the only person I can trust."

"Sidney had to go to rehab for you in your body, she was there for six months before she became clean. Then you fucking go and make an alcoholic druggie out of her body. You're a piece of shit, Max. Go back home your boyfriend," he shooed his ex.

"That's the things," Max said he felt a knot in his stomach, "he's not my boyfriend anymore."

"And why would that be, he seemed like a perfect fit for you with all those pipes and bottles laying around."

"He caught me...." Max began to choke up, "sleeping with another man, and now I have no where to go. I've been sleeping with men I've met at the bar just so I could have a place to sleep every night. I can't do this anymore Steven, I need your help. Please Steven, please let me crash on your couch, just for a few nights until I work it out with Andy."

"Jesus-fucking-Christ," Steven slammed the door in Max's face leaving the former man sobbing without another home.

1 comment: