Saturday, September 16, 2017

The Heiress Part 1

 Check the Series Page for more chapters

Jonathan couldn't believe it. In the park sitting on a bench down the path was his wife, Zoe. His heart stopped, he hadn't seen her since she disappeared three years ago.

"Zoe!" He shouted while dashing across the park, "Oh my god Zoe is that really you?"

He stopped panting in front of her. "Zoe, it's me, Jonathan, your husband!"

She lowered her head to gaze over her sunglasses.

"Who?" She asked.

"What do you mean? Do you not recognize me? We were married for five years before you disappeared."

"Hun," she said hardly making any eye contact with him, "I never disappeared, I've been exactly where I wanted to be. You must be mistaking me for somebody else. Now if you'd excuse me, I'm waiting for my date to arrive, it'd be rude for him to see me talking to another man, especially one claiming to be my 'husband.'"

"But I am your husband! What happened to you Zoe? We were going to have kids, I was going to be a father, and you just left me unannounced."

"Gross, I hate kids, that's why I got my tubes tied. Now can you please leave me alone? You're embarrassing me."

"Tubes tied? You mean you fixed yourself?" it was then Jonathan realized the enormous size if her chest he didn't remember it being so large, "Did you get a boob job too?"

"Uh, rude," she said looking away. "If you say one more word to me I'm going to call the cops."

"Zoe..." Jonathan said.

"Nu uh, one more word and you'll be in handcuffs," she reached into her purse and grabbed her phone. "Now shoo," she waved at him.

Jonathan retreated, he had no idea who that person was. She looked just like Zoe, she sounded like her and everything, but she wasn't Zoe, at least not anymore. And he was right, she was no longer Zoe, inside her body was a man formerly known as Aaron who had stolen her body for the huge fortune she had inherited from her deceased parents. Aaron was a business rival to her father, eventually he had to file for bankruptcy and he blamed his misfortune on Zoe's father. The rest of his life he swore he would take back what was rightly his, so when the moment of their death occurred he became their only child, Zoe. He had run away from her old life to live the life he had always wanted to live with "his fortune", not what Zoe wanted.

1 comment: